- Every BTEC student takes the core units, which provide a broad foundation and understanding about the sector.
- There are a range of optional units to choose from which enable students to focus on particular interests and plans they have for next steps into further study, an apprenticeship, or employment.
- The course involves a series of assignments which can be written or activity-based, for example creating a film clip, planning and putting on a performance, or creating a business plan. Students complete some assignments individually and some as part of a team. For some BTEC courses, students can also apply their knowledge and skills through work experience.
- +300% - The number of students getting into university with a BTEC rose by over 300% in the last decade.
- In 2016, nearly 1in4 students who got into a university did so with a BTEC.